We have MOVED. Find us at our new, nicer home at motorindustry.org
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Pending independent official data that should be published by this week, China is expected to overtake US as the world's largest car market very soon. However, China and United States compiles vehicle registration information slightly differently. China is projected to sell 10.7 million vehicles in 2009, versus 9.8 million vehicles in the US but the figures for China is inclusive of commercial trucks and buses while the figures for America takes only into account cars and trucks sales.
Nevertheless, China expected to become the world's largest car market sometime around 2020. China overtook Japan as the world's largest passenger car market in 2006.
The top automakers in China are :
1. SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Co.
2. FAW-Volkswagen Co.
3. Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co.
4. Shanghai General Motors Corp.
5. FAW Toyota Motor Co.
6. Chery Automobile Co.
7. Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle Co.
8. Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co.
9. Beijing Hyundai Motor Co.
10. Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Co.
Sedans are largest market segment in China vehicle sales.
The top 10 selling sedans in China are :
1. Hyundai Elantra (China domestic model, Beijing Hyundai)
2. FAW-Volkswagen Jetta (China domestic model Bora, FAW Volkswagen)
3. Buick Excelle (Shanghai GM)
4. Honda Accord (Guangzhou Honda)
5. Toyota Corolla (Tianjin FAW Toyota)
6. Toyota Camry (Guangzhou Toyota)
7. BYD F3
8. Xiali C1 Sedan (FAW-Tianjin-Xiali)
9. Ford Focus (Changan Ford Mazda)
10. Volkswagen Santana (Shanghai Volkswagen)
Other top selling vehicles in China
Top 5 MPV models in China
1. JAC Refine (Ruifeng, Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co.)
2. Buick GL8 (Shanghai GM)
3. Honda Odyssey (Guangzhou Honda)
4. Dongfeng Jingyi
5. Brilliance Grace (Granse)
Top 5 SUV models in China :
1. Honda CRV
2. Great Wall Hover
3. Chery Tiggo
4. Zotye RX6400
5. Hyundai Tucson
Posted by AutoIndustrie at 6:37 PM